A blog about finding and keeping my 1973 Mustang Grande (V8 - 351C 2V). Produced on July 6, 1973. Sold in Florida, USA.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

The compression tests

I did compression tests today, on all 8 cylinders. It should tell me something about the state of the engine so why not? It can also give me insight in the ignition troubles I'm still having...

So the results are... I notice a few things:

1) They should be around 120 psi or more. So these values are good enough for this engine.
2) Cylinders at the front are "worst".
3) From front to back, opposite cylinders have the same quality. Both first cylinders are the worst, both second from the back cylinders are the best...

All in all these values are good enough for this engine. And definately good enough to get a good ignition...

No comments:

Post a Comment